Famous Military and Concert Marches
The Band of HM Royal Marines, Chatham
HTGCD241 – 5013993951056
A romp through the gamut of concert band marches – Sousa, Alford et al and some intriguing arrangements of marches from the core classical canon. The choice of RM Band is also intriguing – this particular band was merged with the other Marines bands in 1983, a victim of that year’s strategic defence review.
Captain C.J. Taylor LRAM, ARCM LG SMRM
- Colonel Bogey – Alford
- El Abanico – Jambaloyes arr. Ord Hume
- Marche Lorriane – Ganne
- With Sword and Lance – Starke
- Blaze Away – Holzmann
- Under the Double Eagle - Wagner
- El Capitan – Sousa
- Blue Devils – Williams
- The Contemptibles – Stanley
- Guards Armoured Division – Willcocks
- Grand March from ‘Aida’ – Verdi arr. Agoult
- Radetsky March – J. Strauss arr. Richardson
- March Militaire Francaise from ‘Suite Algerienne’ – Saint-Saens arr. Godfrey
- Coronation March from ‘Le Prophete’ – Meyerbeer arr. Agoult
- Alla Marcia from ‘Karelia Suite’ – Sibelius arr. Richardson
- Pomp and circumstance March No. 1 – Elgar arr. Elgar
Producer and Balance Engineer: Brian B. Culverhouse
Recorded in The National Dockyard Church, Chatham in October 1977.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.